COVID Money Tracker
Explore the data and track the trillions of dollars of federal spending, tax cuts, loans, grants, and subsidies authorized and disbursed in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and economic crisis.
Tracking the COVID Response
Federal Reserve Actions
- Interactive Table
Explore the data in greater depth.
Research and Analysis
State & Local Spotlight
Update: COVID-Related State & Local Aid Will Total $280 Billion
Most state and local governments are experiencing substantial revenue losses and new spending needs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis. While estimates differ on the magnitude of state and localneeds, federal funding from recent COVID-relief legislation may help defray some of these losses.
We estimate that lawmakers have allowed nearly $500 billion of COVID relief to be disbursed to state and local governments, of which we classify around $280 billion of these funds as state and local aid — down from $360 billion in our prior estimates. Roughly three quarters of that relief, over $210 billion, has been committed or disbursed to date.
COVID Relief Tracker
$2.2 of $4 Trillion in Fiscal Relief is Out the Door
We update our interactive COVID Money Tracker tool every week to reflect new COVID relief spending and estimates.
We now estimate Congress has authorized $4.0 trillion of fiscal support, $2.2 trillion of which has been committed or disbursed. Our prior numbers had estimated $3.8 trillion allowed and $2.3 trillion disbursed.
COVID Money TrackerRead More Posts
- Update: COVID-Related State & Local Aid Will Total $280 Billion (10/15/20)
- COVID Relief Includes $360 Billion of State and Local Aid (9/16/20)
- $2.2 of $4 Trillion in Fiscal Relief is Out the Door (9/10/20)
- How Much COVID Relief Have Public and Private Schools Received? (9/1/20)
- $412 Billion in COVID Funds Are Earmarked for the Health Industry (8/26/20)
- Welcome to the New COVID Money Tracker (8/17/20)