COVID Money Tracker
Explore the data and track the trillions of dollars of federal spending, tax cuts, loans, grants, and subsidies authorized and disbursed in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and economic crisis.
Tracking the COVID Response
Federal Reserve Actions
- Interactive Table
Explore the data in greater depth.
Research and Analysis
State & Local Spotlight
COVID Relief Includes $360 Billion of State and Local Aid
Most state and local governments are experiencing substantial revenue losses and new spending needs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and economic crisis. While estimates differ on the magnitude of state and localneeds, federal funding from recent COVID-relief legislation may help defray some of these losses.
Using our COVID Money Tracker tool, we estimate the federal government has allocated almost $360 billion toward state and local aid; this is significantly larger than our prior estimate of roughly $240 billion because it incorporates updated Medicaid estimates from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).
COVID Relief Tracker
$2.2 of $4 Trillion in Fiscal Relief is Out the Door
We update our interactive COVID Money Tracker tool every week to reflect new COVID relief spending and estimates.
We now estimate Congress has authorized $4.0 trillion of fiscal support, $2.2 trillion of which has been committed or disbursed. Our prior numbers had estimated $3.8 trillion allowed and $2.3 trillion disbursed.
COVID Money TrackerRead More Posts
- COVID Relief Includes $360 Billion of State and Local Aid (9/16/20)
- $2.2 of $4 Trillion in Fiscal Relief is Out the Door (9/10/20)
- How Much COVID Relief Have Public and Private Schools Received? (9/1/20)
- $412 Billion in COVID Funds Are Earmarked for the Health Industry (8/26/20)
- Welcome to the New COVID Money Tracker (8/17/20)
- How Much COVID Relief Has Been Spent So Far? (8/16/20)